Saturday, May 9, 2009

Friday

Lunch:
Re-Fried Pork Chop Sandwich on sourdough (dynamite, try it sometime)
1 clementine

Dinner:
Last center cut Pork Chop (sadly)
Edamame in the shell steamed
Sourdough with slices of idiazabal (look it up, good and stanky)

I recently pulled my entire vinyl collection out of storage and hooked the old turntable up. Although I've been incredibly busy, I have been having old home week as I grade exam after exam. Its absolutely uncanny how brutally effective music can be at dredging up old thoughts and memories. After a few records I hadn't heard in nearly twenty years, I went to look in the mirror to compare my face with the one I remember. I found that I could literally flip a mental switch and see the 21 year old face and flip it back to see the forehead lines and increasingly obvious bags under the eyes. And the kicker is that I can't tell if I was simply an old man in a young man's body then, or if I'm a young man in an old man's body now. With the sweet grace of Providence, it won't ever make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment